Digital Scale+ – 3D Touch Weight Scale for iPhone
Tap “Use Online” to try the web app immediately.
Latest Version: 1.0.3
Requirements: 3D Touch, iOS 12+
Open sourced on GitHub | GitLab
This app ONLY supports:
– iPhone 6S (regular & Plus)
– iPhone 7 (regular & Plus)
– iPhone 8 (regular & Plus)
– iPhone X
– iPhone XS (regular & Max)
*The iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone 6 (and older), iPhone SE (all models), iPhone XR, iPhone 11 (and later), are NOT supported, as they do not have 3D Touch.
Digital Scale+ is a working, functional weight scale utilising the 3D Touch capability on iPhone to measure weight. Just open the app in Safari using your iPhone with 3D Touch (iPhone 6S/7/8/X/XS ONLY) and start measuring! Note that the item you weighed must be detected by the touch screen, just like a finger, in order to register a weight.
This 3D touch scale can measure to a max accuracy of ±10g, so hope you enjoy! Read below for more info and instructions.
Since Apple does not allow scale apps into the App Store, you can try out the app online.
To measure the weight of an object, place something on the screen that can be registered as a touch. If it can’t be registered, you can place a metal or conductive/capacitive spoon on the screen, tare the weight and place the object on the spoon. You can tare the weight by touching the weight label.
If you have changed your 3D Touch sensitivity before, please change it in this app’s settings.
On iOS 12 and later, you will be prompted to add the web app to your home screen. By doing so, the app will behave like a native app downloaded from the App Store – even supporting features like iOS 13’s native Dark Mode!
Possible errors and how to resolve them:
– If you see “3D Touch Error” or “No 3D Touch” while attempting to measure weight, your device either doesn’t have 3D Touch, 3D Touch is disabled or interfered (e.g. by a screen protector), the object is too light (below 5g), you’re using an older iOS version, you’re neither using Safari nor the web app, or that you aren’t using one of the supported devices in the list. Please check your device configuration and try again.
– If you tried using your finger and got some results, but measuring the weight of an object does not provide any response, please make sure the object you’re using is conductive/capacitive and can be registered as a finger touch, such as a metal spoon. For some models, you might need to apply slight pressure or occasionally take the spoon off and back on the screen for your phone to detect that the metal spoon “touches” and can “apply pressure” like a finger.
– If an item (or the metal spoon) that previously registers as a finger stops registering as one, taking it off the screen and placing it back on again. This is a limitation for attempting to trick your device into thinking a touch input is active.
– If you see the message “Sorry, this web app requires iOS” but you’re indeed on an iPhone, you may have selected “Request Desktop Site”. Please do not request the desktop site as the web app is not fully compatible with a desktop environment. Note that iPadOS is not supported as no iPad has 3D Touch support.
– DO NOT PLACE ANYTHING THAT CAN DAMAGE YOUR PHONE.
– Do not apply more pressure than necessary such that your screen can be damaged or cracked.
– Maximum weight that can be measured is limited to about 400 grams. Any measurements exceeding that may be wildly inaccurate.
– While most of the time, the app can provide measurements within 10 grams of accuracy, measurements should only be taken as an estimate within at best 20 grams. Furthermore, the measurements shown are rounded, and you may need repositioning on the screen across trials for higher accuracy.
– Accuracy has only been tested on a very small sample of supported Apple devices with original screens. Third-party screens or different devices may have higher or lower accuracy. In any case, there can be no guarantees that the result you read is perfectly valid.
– I’m not liable for any screen scratches or damages to your phone which may arise due to the usage of this app.
If you found the scale isn’t as accurate as expected, or it isn’t working well, you may send some feedback via this form, as I check that more frequently than the comments section below.
83 thoughts on “Digital Scale+ (3D Touch)”
Need to weigh
It doesn’t work on my iPhone 6s, but I am interested in hearing from you as I have an idea which could collaborate well with your app?
Can this feature also be used on new iPhone models with haptic touch? is there a way to do it?
Exeelent for just small
I work in a phone repair shop and I use this to test the 3D Touch functionality/sensitivity. I’ve found certain brands of aftermarket screens to be more accurate than others and even some apple OEM screens. Mobile Defender’s select soft oled for the iPhone X seems to be the most accurate while using a 100g weight with a piece of silicone to trigger the digitizer.
I exactly What device or device do I use in a house to make the phone work and get my gold under 10 grams!?
Please fast (really sorry I’m very hurry up) answering big men
My phone iPhone XS Max
I’m just curious to see if you can really use your as a scale
Great app thank you so much now I can accurately weigh out my heroin and cocaine for myself and customers. Thanks a million
Weight in Gram’s on my cell phone !
help get for my own use a scale in grams
It is cool
can you amend to support micograms
Sorry, the app does not have sufficient precision to detect micrograms yet. Hope this clarifies!
Weight in Gram’s on my cell phone !
I can’t get it to work- I’m trying to measure my head or arm to test it. Can u help?
Sorry for the late reply. Was there any error shown when trying to weigh an object or your finger?
Do I need to have my phone flat
Yes, your phone needs to be flat in order for the app to work correctly.
Hey how can I do this
How can do this
I bring the app up from safari it comes up and I place an item on it and it doesn’t read anything. Stays at zero grams. Can you please help? I’ve been trying for 2 hours now
Sorry for the late reply. The item must be capacitive/conductive in such a way that the screen can register a touch input in order for this scale app to work. Just to confirm, does your finger register on the app?
This is not working for me this is so stupid
As mentioned in my reply, the item must be able to register as a touch input in order for the app to work. Have you checked if your finger registers any weight? If not, your device is unsupported.
If you do not have anything to weigh that registers as a finger, a common item that works is a metal spoon, and you can tare and use that as a container to weigh small objects.
I love it so much!!
I love it so much!! It’s awesome!!!
Your app is a great one thanks
Why does not it work?
iPhone 7 (iOS 13)
3d touch is enabled and functional, but still the “No 3D Touch” error
Sorry for the late response. It looks like your phone’s 3D touch hardware is not functioning correctly. The animation shown within the Settings app appears to suggest that you’re activating Haptic Touch rather than 3D Touch, as it is a lot slower than the pop up speed if you 3D Touch the demo flower image.
Can you please try restarting your device and see if that helps?
Thanks for the answer!
Didn’t know what “Haptic Touch” is.
Then yes, 3D touch is faulty and it is “Haptic Touch” that works
Good day, I’m not seeing this app in the apple App Store, does it have a link for this app?
To use this Digital Scale+, just tap the “Use Online” button in this page. You’ll be able to then follow the popup instructions to install the web app onto your home screen.
Hope this helps!
The AppStore was re verifying it.
Can this app convert to Troy ounces and grams?
Can you rename this to look like it’s my company? I might be able to help commercialise this , are you interested?
Where do we get this app??? Mailing out gold to get money and would love to have an app so that I don’t have to hunt for my scale every time I habe to weight my package so I don’t sh#% myself or look like I’m trying to sh%# my customers!!! PLEASE SHOW ME THE APP!???
So amazing! Great invention! I needed to weigh a ham to cook. No scale… no problem! I bet my phone can do it! Searched… found this website! READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS! Incredible! 2.56 pounds! THANK YOU!
Agreed want app
This app did not working on i phone x.
Its just work only with finger touch i put lighter and cigarettes but it did not show any weight.
Lol its just detect weight of finger touch. +\- 480.
The app is working as intended. If you read the instructions and description carefully, it would have mentioned that you can only place “capacitive items” (i.e. they conduct electricity) on screen to measure its weight. Lighters and cigarettes do not conduct electricity.
It has also mentioned that if you want to measure a “non-capacitive item”, like lighters, just use a metal spoon and tare its weight, then place the object (in this case the lighter) on the spoon to measure the object’s weight.
Hope this helps, and do remember to read the instructions next time!
Actually that doesn’t work either. It gives a “3D Touch Error” each time you place a spoon on it.
If you’re getting 3D Touch Error, it means that your device either does not support 3D Touch, 3D Touch is disabled, you’re using iOS 11 and lower while using the web app, or the 3D Touch capability on your phone is not functioning correctly (e.g. screen protector interference). Have you checked if your phone is on the list of supported devices? The iPhone 11, for example, isn’t supported even though its a new device.
Try pressing on the screen with your finger first. If your finger also registers 3D Touch Error but your device should support 3D Touch, check your 3D Touch settings and device capabilities. Unfortunately, websites can’t detect your real device, so the web app can’t automatically determine if your device is supported or working correctly until you apply pressure on the screen.
Can you please try that?
Be good if you could weigh half grams and lift things
Really hope this works
I think you guys have done an awesome job coming up with this app
I like this app
The app is functioning as intended.
However, if you see “3D Touch Error”, that means that your device does not support 3D Touch or that you’ve disabled it, and thus this app will not function.
Also, note that only capacitive items like your finger can be registered and measured, as stated in the description and instructions of the app. If you don’t do that, the app wouldn’t be able to detect an object being placed on the screen.
Hope this helps!
What a cool little app
Does the app record data from your weighing activity anywhere?
No, this webapp does not record nor transmit your weighing activity outside the app. Only your customized settings for units and 3D touch preferences are saved in your browser cookies.
Hopefully this helps!
Can I weigh my weed on this ?
this the real question lmfaoo
Need an answer for that too
This is awsome
Your great buddy !
You have done well for yourself.
May I ask where you live?
I’m from Montréal, Canada and now your new fan
Thanks for being my fan.
By the way, I live in Asia.
Asia is very big !
What country are you from?