Personal Diary – Simple Diary / Journal / Note app
Developer: Wern Jie
Latest Version: 2.4.10
Rating: ★★★★★ (4.3 stars)
Programmed in: Swift
Most Downloaded in: UK (est.)
“When all you want is the digital equivalent of a paper diary, this is the perfect one.” – goyyboy
“[…] Exactly what I needed […]” – (multiple reviews)
“Good and accessible with VoiceOver” – Allan.summers
Never write a diary because of the inconvenience to do that?
Afraid that someone will peek into your diary?
Unable to attach images into your diary?
Just need a simple & easy to use diary?
“Personal Diary” is an app that solves the above problems. Easily access all your entries in all your devices with iCloud Sync. You can write diary entries without worrying that someone will peek at what you wrote, with passcode protection and Touch ID lock. You can also import as many photos as you wish into your entries. As an addition, you can set your mood and also the weather.
– Numeric passcode lock
– Unlock using Touch ID or Face ID
– Simple & Easy to use
– iCloud Sync
– Smart Search
– Ability to pick a mood
– Ability to choose the weather of the day
– Mood & Weather can also be automatically chosen by an AI
– Import photos to your entries
– Auto-saves as you type
– Select a theme
– Dark Mode for better night use
– Fully supports iPad Multitasking Features
– Fully supports VoiceOver
– Fully supports external keyboard
– iPhone X Support
– No Ads! :D
Don’t forget to let me know what you think of Personal Diary by leaving a review on the App Store! Reviews and ratings help and let other users find this app. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to send a feedback; I might be able to help! :)
Version 2.4.11 (beta, releasing soon)
– Fixes a bug where excessive lag might occur everywhere within the app, either suddenly or immediately after a crash.
– Fixes a bug where pressing the “+” button to add an entry will take forever to load.
– Fixes a bug where performing a migration from iCloud to Local Storage could cause data loss if data is not completely downloaded.
– Includes new animations within the Timeline section.
– Adds support for swiping left or right to quickly flip between entries in the entry view.
– Day of the week (Sunday, Monday, etc.) is now also displayed in the Timeline if selected in Settings > Date Format.
– Adds the ability to clear app cache.
These updates adds:
– Daily Diary Notifications
These updates fixes:
– a bug causing the app to crash for some users when entering into the Timeline section.
– an issue where turning on Face ID will cause the app to crash when relaunched
– an issue where passcodes are not properly saved.
– a bug causing some users to fail to login to the app after enabling diary notifications.
A minor update? Nah. It’s fully packed with lots of features.
New Features (originally teased in the main release version 2.4):
– Auto Mood Selection
– Selects the mood automatically based on what you wrote. The mood selection AI will improve overtime as more updates come along.
– Auto Weather Selection
– Selects the weather automatically based on your current location (using GPS, or else via IP address tracking).
– Daily Feedback
– Shows you a personal response (by an AI) after writing an entry. Requires auto mood selection as the AI is mainly influenced by the mood.
– Reasons for a download error will now show up.
– Less aggressive rejection by the passcode recovery tool.
– VoiceOver hints improved.
Performance Improvements: (noticeable if you have lots of entries)
– Faster App Launch Times
– Faster Timeline loading times after first launch of the app.
– Eliminated the lag when entering the Timeline section.
– Reduced lag when multiple entries are downloading.
– Error messages will now not constantly pop up over what you are doing now which caused the inability to use the app in previous versions.
– Passcode protection will now persist even after deletion of the app. Note that other than the recovery tool, there will be no other way to enter the app except with your passcode starting from this version of the app.
– Since you all tend to report issues I can’t find, I’ve included the ability to send internal diagnostic information to me in order to diagnose the problem better.
Version 2.4.1 ~ 2.4.5
This minor update:
– fixes an issue which prevents you to scroll to another area while keyboard is displayed.
– fixes an issue which causes the text cursor to jump to the end when editing an entry and not to start at where you have tapped.
– fixes user interface which does not reference Touch ID & Face ID properly.
– improved user interface when in the locked state.
– slightly improved the responsiveness of the app.
– v2.4.2 fixes an issue caused by v2.4.1 to not allow users to turn on or turn off Touch ID/Face ID.
– v2.4.3 fixes an issue caused by v2.4.2 where the “2” is replaced with “z…e” in the password field, which causes multiple users not being able to enter the app.
Welcome to this new update of Personal Diary 2.4!
This new update has *so little* new features you won’t even notice. (*NO* easter eggs included)
Just download this update and you will see *nothing* new, not even faster performance, bug fixes, slight UI changes, improvements to entries created in the same day, new messages pop up and under the hood improvements. And *NO* compatibility with any new iPhone such as the iPhone X.
ps: – disclaimer, it’s the opposite.
Okay enough jokes, you should understand what’s added by now. By the way, I’m still developing an [export] functionality into the app due to multiple user requests, and it will be released in version 2.5 once ready. Stay tuned!
Personal Diary 2.3 is a great release! What’s new?
– New Dark Mode!
(Dark Mode auto-enables in extreme low-light)
– Better interface redesign!
(Don’t worry, they’re just minor)
– Now with 25 different moods!
– Now with 10 different weather options!
– Added no mood & weather option.
– Improved Smart Search.
– #hashtags, “quotes” now supported!
– New Recovery Mode.
– Password Recovery.
– Data Loss Diagnostics tool.
– “Distress” email to developer.
– Adjustments to entry preview to show more data.
– Added the ability to turn off iCloud.
– Additional themes included.
– Improved VoiceOver compatibility.
– Minor bug fixes.
There, most features that you all requested are now here, plus some extras, too! Don’t worry, these features don’t disrupt the simplicity of the app, all of them are hidden away in the Settings menu or are automatically turned on.
*Note that some features requires iOS 9 and later to function properly.
What’s New In This Version:
– View & edit your entries from all your devices!
– No difference in app performance
– Pull to refresh entries in iCloud
– Entries stored in the cloud=Data Safe
– Easily search keywords, dates, mood & more!
– 0/4/6/x-digit passcode can now be set.
– Press ‘Done’ to enter password and access entries; instead of auto complete after typing 4 digits. This is for higher security.
– Auto-pops-up images if there’re attached.
Minor bug fixes
– [FIXED] Settings Not Saving Properly
– [FIXED] Occasional crashes
Keyboard shortcuts now supported
VoiceOver improvements & fixes
– Icon redesigned
– Fixed a bug where entries would disappear.
– Password is renamed as passcode.
– You can now search entries.
– Added the ability to change font size.
– Added the ability to change date format displayed.
– App performance improvements.
– App launches faster than ever.
– Added some weather icons.
– Date now reflects to your current region format.
– More moods to choose from
– You can now import photos into your entries
– Ability to select a theme
– New full screen editing mode (Optional)
– Improved auto-saving
– Various bug fixes
– Slight design modifications
– First Release
If you have any problems or want to seek further queries, please send a feedback at the application feedback page instead.