Personal Diary – Simple Diary / Journal / Note app
Developer: Wern Jie
Latest Version: 2.4.18 (2.4.19 beta)
Rating: ★★★★★ (4.3 stars)
Programmed in: Swift
Most Downloaded in: UK (est.)
“When all you want is the digital equivalent of a paper diary, this is the perfect one.” – goyyboy
“[…] Exactly what I needed […]” – (multiple reviews)
“Good and accessible with VoiceOver” – Allan.summers
Never write a diary because of the inconvenience to do that?
Afraid that someone will peek into your diary?
Unable to attach images into your diary?
Just need a simple & easy to use diary?
“Personal Diary” is an app that solves the above problems. Easily access all your entries in all your devices with iCloud Sync. You can write diary entries without worrying that someone will peek at what you wrote, with passcode protection and Touch ID lock. You can also import as many photos as you wish into your entries. As an addition, you can set your mood and also the weather.
– Numeric passcode lock
– Unlock using Touch ID or Face ID
– Simple & Easy to use
– iCloud Sync
– Smart Search
– Ability to pick a mood
– Ability to choose the weather of the day
– Mood & Weather can also be automatically chosen by an AI
– Import photos to your entries
– Auto-saves as you type
– Select a theme
– Dark Mode for better night use
– Fully supports iPad Multitasking Features
– Fully supports VoiceOver
– Fully supports external keyboard
– iPhone X Support
– No Ads! :D
Don’t forget to let me know what you think of Personal Diary by leaving a review on the App Store! Reviews and ratings help and let other users find this app. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to send a feedback; I might be able to help! :)
Version 2.4.17 – 2.4.18
– The app is now fully compatible with iOS 12 & the 2018 iPhone models.
– Added Experimental Siri Integration and Siri Shortcuts support.
– Fixes a bug where pressing the ‘+’ button to add an entry while searching causes a crash.
– Fixes an issue where scrolling very quickly causes lots of lag. Performance should now be improved. (Note that entries that are downloading may still hamper app and scrolling performance)
– Fixes a lag that occurs while swiping from the left edge in the editing view to go back to Timeline. It’s so smooth it’ll be so satisfying to swipe to go back to Timeline and watch your entries slide back in.
– Fixed an animation glitch where the image viewer panel in the editing view will initially display two headers titled “Images” as the panel loads.
– Fixes some issues with VoiceOver hints, and added support for AI functionality with VoiceOver.
– Fixes a bug when turning off “Allow Password Reset When Locked” will disallow password resets everywhere.
– Fixes some issues with disabling cloud storage (migrating your data from the cloud to local storage).
– Fixes an issue where notifications linger in the Notification Centre longer than it should be there.
– Fixes an issue where the Time Indicator in the Timeline just goes *poof*, and disappears.
– The fancy animations within the app now obey the “Reduce Motion” setting in iOS.
– The app now uses less power when “Low Power Mode” is enabled in iOS by disabling unnecessary animations, slowing down entry sync and reload, etc.
– More details about FAQs are added directly at the footer of the relevant menu.
– Added Safe Mode which can be enabled to bypass the usual routine of the app if it ever gets stuck in a crash loop.
– Adds randomness to when the notification is triggered by ±30 minutes so that you won’t be bored of it triggering exactly at the time you specified.
Version 2.4.15 – 2.4.16
– Adds iCloud disabling/sign out notification. The app now notifies you that your data stored on iCloud is inaccessible and how to fix the problem, as some users were confused as to why they cannot find data in the app after disabling iCloud.
– Increases maximum text size setting of the app for easier readability if needed.
– Some small updates to the AI Engine.
– Adds the ability to disable the ability to reset forgotten passwords when locked.
– Fixes an issue where the number 6 button on the password keypad has been replaced with “…” for some users.
– Eliminates all possible manners where the password keypad could possibly be corrupted in future versions.
– Fixes a security issue with the password reset tool.
– Improved verification process of the password reset tool.
– Fixes bugs with some settings not correctly applied.
Version 2.4.11 – 2.4.12
– Fixes a bug where excessive lag might occur everywhere within the app, either suddenly or immediately after a crash.
– Fixes a bug where pressing the “+” button to add an entry will take forever to load.
– Fixes a bug where performing a migration from iCloud to Local Storage could cause data loss if data is not completely downloaded.
– Includes new animations within the Timeline section.
– Adds support for swiping left or right to quickly flip between entries in the entry view.
– Day of the week (Sunday, Monday, etc.) is now also displayed in the Timeline if selected in Settings > Date Format.
– Adds the ability to clear app cache.
– Fixes a flaw that allows a user to tamper with downloading entries, causing the partially downloaded entries to be corrupted or to lose mood/weather data.
– Fixes an issue where an old version of an entry incorrectly auto-saves, possibly overriding a newer version.
– Fixes animation issues when entries from different years are visible on launch.
– Fixes animation issues when launching the app for users that don’t use a password.
– Relaxes the requirements for a password reset.
– Adds support for additional external keyboard shortcuts.
These updates adds:
– Daily Diary Notifications
These updates fixes:
– a bug causing the app to crash for some users when entering into the Timeline section.
– an issue where turning on Face ID will cause the app to crash when relaunched
– an issue where passcodes are not properly saved.
– a bug causing some users to fail to login to the app after enabling diary notifications.
A minor update? Nah. It’s fully packed with lots of features.
New Features (originally teased in the main release version 2.4):
– Auto Mood Selection
– Selects the mood automatically based on what you wrote. The mood selection AI will improve overtime as more updates come along.
– Auto Weather Selection
– Selects the weather automatically based on your current location (using GPS, or else via IP address tracking).
– Daily Feedback
– Shows you a personal response (by an AI) after writing an entry. Requires auto mood selection as the AI is mainly influenced by the mood.
– Reasons for a download error will now show up.
– Less aggressive rejection by the passcode recovery tool.
– VoiceOver hints improved.
Performance Improvements: (noticeable if you have lots of entries)
– Faster App Launch Times
– Faster Timeline loading times after first launch of the app.
– Eliminated the lag when entering the Timeline section.
– Reduced lag when multiple entries are downloading.
– Error messages will now not constantly pop up over what you are doing now which caused the inability to use the app in previous versions.
– Passcode protection will now persist even after deletion of the app. Note that other than the recovery tool, there will be no other way to enter the app except with your passcode starting from this version of the app.
– Since you all tend to report issues I can’t find, I’ve included the ability to send internal diagnostic information to me in order to diagnose the problem better.
Version 2.4.1 ~ 2.4.5
This minor update:
– fixes an issue which prevents you to scroll to another area while keyboard is displayed.
– fixes an issue which causes the text cursor to jump to the end when editing an entry and not to start at where you have tapped.
– fixes user interface which does not reference Touch ID & Face ID properly.
– improved user interface when in the locked state.
– slightly improved the responsiveness of the app.
– v2.4.2 fixes an issue caused by v2.4.1 to not allow users to turn on or turn off Touch ID/Face ID.
– v2.4.3 fixes an issue caused by v2.4.2 where the “2” is replaced with “z…e” in the password field, which causes multiple users not being able to enter the app.
Welcome to this new update of Personal Diary 2.4!
This new update has *so little* new features you won’t even notice. (*NO* easter eggs included)
Just download this update and you will see *nothing* new, not even faster performance, bug fixes, slight UI changes, improvements to entries created in the same day, new messages pop up and under the hood improvements. And *NO* compatibility with any new iPhone such as the iPhone X.
ps: – disclaimer, it’s the opposite.
Okay enough jokes, you should understand what’s added by now. By the way, I’m still developing an [export] functionality into the app due to multiple user requests, and it will be released in version 2.5 once ready. Stay tuned!
Personal Diary 2.3 is a great release! What’s new?
– New Dark Mode!
(Dark Mode auto-enables in extreme low-light)
– Better interface redesign!
(Don’t worry, they’re just minor)
– Now with 25 different moods!
– Now with 10 different weather options!
– Added no mood & weather option.
– Improved Smart Search.
– #hashtags, “quotes” now supported!
– New Recovery Mode.
– Password Recovery.
– Data Loss Diagnostics tool.
– “Distress” email to developer.
– Adjustments to entry preview to show more data.
– Added the ability to turn off iCloud.
– Additional themes included.
– Improved VoiceOver compatibility.
– Minor bug fixes.
There, most features that you all requested are now here, plus some extras, too! Don’t worry, these features don’t disrupt the simplicity of the app, all of them are hidden away in the Settings menu or are automatically turned on.
*Note that some features requires iOS 9 and later to function properly.
What’s New In This Version:
– View & edit your entries from all your devices!
– No difference in app performance
– Pull to refresh entries in iCloud
– Entries stored in the cloud=Data Safe
– Easily search keywords, dates, mood & more!
– 0/4/6/x-digit passcode can now be set.
– Press ‘Done’ to enter password and access entries; instead of auto complete after typing 4 digits. This is for higher security.
– Auto-pops-up images if there’re attached.
Minor bug fixes
– [FIXED] Settings Not Saving Properly
– [FIXED] Occasional crashes
Keyboard shortcuts now supported
VoiceOver improvements & fixes
– Icon redesigned
– Fixed a bug where entries would disappear.
– Password is renamed as passcode.
– You can now search entries.
– Added the ability to change font size.
– Added the ability to change date format displayed.
– App performance improvements.
– App launches faster than ever.
– Added some weather icons.
– Date now reflects to your current region format.
– More moods to choose from
– You can now import photos into your entries
– Ability to select a theme
– New full screen editing mode (Optional)
– Improved auto-saving
– Various bug fixes
– Slight design modifications
– First Release
If you have any problems or want to seek further queries, please send a feedback at the application feedback page instead.